Monday, October 6, 2008

ChapStick


As I tucked my five-year-old into bed and was walking out of his bedroom he stopped me. In a soft, secretive voice he said, "Mommy ... you know what I did at school today? ... and the teacher doesn't know ... nobody knows..." Eeecckkk ... I braced myself for something horrific and asked, "No honey, what did you do?" "I kissed Andrea - kissed her on the lips." This took me off guard and I calmly said, "Oh, you did, wow ... well, what did Andrea think of that?" Expecting him to say that she ran away or told the teacher, instead he said, "She wants me to do it over and over and over again."

Am I in for it or what? Did I say he is five-years-old?! Get the ChapStick ready girls. Our mom-to-son discussion came the next day ... Stay tuned for that ... his reply was hysterical.

No comments: