Tuesday, October 7, 2008

ChapStick (part II)

This is a sequel to yesterday's post ... My FIVE-YEAR-OLD-SON tells me he's kissing a girl, in his PreK class, on the lips! So here we are, the next morning, in the car heading to school ... our mother-to-son talk. I explained that kissing on the lips is not a good idea (germs/teacher punishment/inappropriate etc...) but that hugging, holding hands and a 'peck' on the cheek are wonderful ways to show that you like someone. After I say all of this, it is completely silent in the back seat. So much so that I say, "Did you hear what I said?" He replied, "Yes .... (long pause then, with much emphasis) but we're in love."

Even funnier was when I picked him up from school that afternoon. "So how did it go today? Were you able to explain to Andrea about the hug or a peck on the check instead of on the lips?" He says, "Yeah, (sounding a little deflated) but she didn't want any of that."

No comments: