Tuesday, September 23, 2008

That Adorable Gecko


I have to hand it to Geico, using the Gecko for their marketing ads was brilliant. Every child in America sees that billboard and falls in love with the little fellow - including my son. Every time we passed a sign with 'him' on it my son would wave estatically and say, "Hello Geico!" ... he would even cut the little chap's photo, out of the coupon section, and tuck him in his desk. I would play along saying that 'his friend' is up there, or that he's on the phone, etc...

When my son turned four, we were driving down the road passing another Geico billboard. To this he proudly and loudly announced, "Mommy, I KNOW what Geico is." I was taken off guard but was waiting for him to say he's a Gecko, -vs- simply a lizard, or something, so I said, "Oh, you do ... what is he?" With much authority he said, "Car insurance. Geico is car insurance." I just about doubled over laughing at his adorable, yet foreign, revelation.

No comments: