Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gingerbread Man and Then Some

Clockwise L. to Rt.: Gingerbread cookies; Garage entry door w/ 'the little morsel'; Our dog ... ak.a. one prop
(Click on images to enlarge).









At school, my five-year-old son read The Gingerbread Man and is now doing theme based activities. Yesterday morning, each child decorated a big gingerbread man cookie with all kinds of M&M's, Skittles and icing - making the children super excited to eat them at lunchtime. But to their chagrin, when they returned to class, all the cookies had run away. My boy tells me this, in the car, through a waterfall of tears and jerky convulsion like motions ... he was a crying mess when I picked him up from school. So, being a good mom, off to the store we went buying all the necessary gingerbread cookie ingredients to make our own at home. Once this feat was accomplished, my little "monkey shiner" sees one piece of dough, too small to make a gingerbread man, left over. He decides to strategically place "it" by the garage entry door to trick his dad into thinking there was a "dog accident". It worked brilliantly.

My husband, "Dianaaaaa! ... There's 'something' by the door over here!" To his horror, my son walks over, while laughing hysterically, picks it up and pops it in his mouth ----- !
( I believe his laughter gave him away because five-year-old's have zero secret keeping and joke telling ability. ) CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO MAKE THEM LARGER

No comments: